Currently we've been thinking about our "plans for the future"...I guess thats what a baby does to ya!
(Speaking of which, the pregnancy is going really well. We found out its a little boy!! Miles Timothy Clemons. We're so excited!)
Most of you know that Tim and I have a heart for church planting and missions. We have known this since we got married, and it has yet to change. However, the location of where this calling will take place has yet to be placed on our hearts. It has changed so many times its embarrassing (New York, France, Middle East, Amsterdam, Turkey, Boston...you name it!) We are completely patient, and would be happy and excited no matter God leads us. We just aren't sure if it will be American and International...so we wanted to keep both options open, hoping that God will reveal where He wants us.
Here is the situation...
Currently we are in the International Church Planting degree, hoping to be employed with the IMB for two years after our local studies. Because most of the countries we would like to serve in are "closed" countries, we were thinking it would be beneficial to have a degree or trade that would help us enter into the country (and put us in a position to be heavily involved with locals) Both of us wished we had studied something else while in college (Candi wanted to study middleschool/highschool teaching, and Tim wanted to study business.)
Here are the two (ten year) scenarios that we are contemplating.
- We continue with the International Church Planting program. We would be deployed in 2014, and serve 2-3 years overseas in a location that is chosen by the school and the IMB.
- We return to the states, and hopefully become involved in a church plant.
- We study to receive our teaching and business associates.
- (optional) We apply for a career position with the IMB, utilizing our teaching and business degrees.
- We switch to the North American Church Planting program.
- We are then employed with NAMB in a North American location.
- While serving with NAMB, we would pursue our associates in business and teaching.
- (optional) After serving with NAMB, we would apply for a career position with the IMB, utilizing those degrees.
The reason why the last points are (optional) is because God may reveal to us that we should ultimately be serving in America. We're just trying to allow God to move us where He wants.
We ask that you please pray for us as we make this decision. We welcome any advise, encouragement, criticisms or whatever you want to throw at us! There is probably several aspects that we are overlooking. We are simply trying to make the best decision for our future and could use some wisdom.